Skip to main content

Not Sure Where to Go?

I would imagine that many of you, like me, go through periods in our lives where we aren't sure what to do, where to go, or how to get there.  We can listen to respected people that we look up to, pray to God, read the Bible, and may still find answers unclear at times.  Unfortunately, this post won't give you all the answers for the direction of your life because I don't always have all the answers for my own.   But it may offer some encouraging words of wisdom for our daily walk as we walk forward with God.

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened for you." - Matthew 7:7.  As I've been reading through Psalms there are numerous passages that swing from extreme pain and fear to overwhelming praises of the Almighty God.  But all throughout Psalms, when he sought God, the Lord heard him.  And when the Lord hears us He will deliver us.  If your path seems to be sliding off track or not going the way you thought ask yourself this question: am I actively seeking God right now with my heart and life?  He may be standing ready to deliver us, but He is left waiting for us to seek Him first.  God wants us to love Him, not just his help. 

So now that we're seeking God, we can take the next step.  "Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established" - Proverbs 16:3.  I have learned that while we may not know where God wants us to go, or what He wants us to do next, we do know where we are and we should continue working there for God until He shows us the next step.  I know at times the daily grind gets challenging, waking up early for work or school, having to deal with rude people, or circumstances in life right now just feeling overwhelming.  But if we will place our full trust in the Lord and roll with Him, he will fulfill our righteous plans, and give us all we need.

I don't know the next steps for your life, nor necessarily all the steps of my own.  But I do know that if we will seek the Lord, he will hear us and deliver us.  And if we commit our work to him, he will fulfill our plans. 

Heavenly Father, Thank you for being a faithful, never-changing God.  Thank you for your promises, your guidance, your plans, and mostly your love.  I pray that we all may seek you, and commit ourselves to you, and find everlasting joy in this world through You.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 is Hindsight...Finally!

Wow, what a year! 2020 could literally be an entire decade, maybe more, of history, change, and lessons rolled up into these twelve months. While many aspects of 2020 were kind of sucky and we would like to forget them, it will certainly be a year to remember. And it will be enlightening when this year is looked back on in 10, 25, or 50 years to be discussed. I wonder if we'll seem like geniuses or idiots? Probably both to some extent! While there is so much that I could consider and analyze about this year, I'll try to break some of it down into four dimensions - Physical, Spiritual, Mental, and Social/Emotional. These are events and happenings from my world and perspective and I'm trying to be open in sharing and would love to hear from others on events you found most transforming. Physical When COVID cause gyms to close, that messed me up. Our town and state were late to be hit with severe cases and therefore later than many across the country to close up shop. I'm n

2020 Books

  I mentioned previously on Facebook that I'd share the books I've read in 2020 in case anyone is looking for a new read. Plus I figure this post can serve as one for friends to share some that they've enjoyed this past year as well. How to Win Friends and Influence People - Andrew Carnegie. This is a good book about personal development, relationships, etc. Vertical Marriage - Dave & Ann Wilson. Based on the title, obviously this was a book on marriages. While you'll see a few others on this list, this one was one of my favorites. How to Get Promoted - Anthony Park. Sorry boss! The worst part is I read this AFTER my annual review lol. It is good for people just getting their career started or working in larger corporations where you can get lost in the shuffle. The Power of Positive Thinking - Norman Vincent Peale. Great book on personal development. Leadership in Turbulent Times - Doris Kearns Goodwin. This book chronicles the life of 4 presidents, Lincol

First Blog

It's hard to decide what you want to write in your first blog since first impressions are so important.  So I figured I would start with the main reason the Brittnee and I decided to start a blog (if the name hasn't given it away) and that is the upcoming birth of our first child.  The sex hasn't been determined yet so for now it is referred to as ThomAva, a combination of the names we have selected.  So far so good with everything though as our little one gave us a thumbs up at our last ultra sound. She has also convinced me to buy a nice (female code word for expensive) camera so I'm sure there will be many more higher quality photos to come.   I always said that my, Kat's, and Jordan's childhood could have been a reality show before reality shows were cool so I look forward to using this blog to share and remember both new and old family stories.  And to hopefully share with others the blessings that God has given me over the years and as a way to wit