Skip to main content

It's a Boy!

My first wish and hope for our child is that he (I can say that now) be born healthy.  I am truly excited to be having a baby boy and have someone coming along to carry on the Gregory name and to fish, hunt, workout, and play with in the years to come.  My second hope is that Brittnee and I can raise him to be a good son, possibly a good big brother one day, and a faithful man of God. 

I don't know how to be a father yet.  I'm not sure that any of us ever really know how to be a perfect parent...or even that there is one perfect plan for all families that would work.  I am blessed to have a dad that raised me and my brother and sister in the church. We were raised very early on to believe that everyone went to church and that's just the way it was.  I'm thankful for that because without my Christian faith I would not have made it to where I am in life.  I'm grateful for the lessons my dad has taught me about hard work (somebody can show him my FB post from June 2013 on Father's Day).  I'm also thankful to have a mom who has always been there and willing to help me out in any way possible, whether is was with school work, financially, or needing a ride somewhere.  I hope that Brittnee and I can be the parents to our son that y'all have been to me.

I can only wonder what kind of trouble our son and his big cousin Wilson will get into over the next few years.  I have a feeling that mom and dad will go gray in a hurry!  But I do look forward to our little one getting to learn from Wilson and having him, Kat, and Caleb to watch and learn from since they're a couple years ahead of us on all this parenting stuff. 

The name we have chosen is meaningful to Brittnee and me.  Thomas Dean Gregory.  Thomas is after her grandpa, Dean is from Deanie my grandma. 

 
 
 
 
 
We are thankful for all of the love and support that we have from our families and we will need much more of it over the months and years to come.
 
"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." - Proverbs 22:6
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 is Hindsight...Finally!

Wow, what a year! 2020 could literally be an entire decade, maybe more, of history, change, and lessons rolled up into these twelve months. While many aspects of 2020 were kind of sucky and we would like to forget them, it will certainly be a year to remember. And it will be enlightening when this year is looked back on in 10, 25, or 50 years to be discussed. I wonder if we'll seem like geniuses or idiots? Probably both to some extent! While there is so much that I could consider and analyze about this year, I'll try to break some of it down into four dimensions - Physical, Spiritual, Mental, and Social/Emotional. These are events and happenings from my world and perspective and I'm trying to be open in sharing and would love to hear from others on events you found most transforming. Physical When COVID cause gyms to close, that messed me up. Our town and state were late to be hit with severe cases and therefore later than many across the country to close up shop. I'm n

2020 Books

  I mentioned previously on Facebook that I'd share the books I've read in 2020 in case anyone is looking for a new read. Plus I figure this post can serve as one for friends to share some that they've enjoyed this past year as well. How to Win Friends and Influence People - Andrew Carnegie. This is a good book about personal development, relationships, etc. Vertical Marriage - Dave & Ann Wilson. Based on the title, obviously this was a book on marriages. While you'll see a few others on this list, this one was one of my favorites. How to Get Promoted - Anthony Park. Sorry boss! The worst part is I read this AFTER my annual review lol. It is good for people just getting their career started or working in larger corporations where you can get lost in the shuffle. The Power of Positive Thinking - Norman Vincent Peale. Great book on personal development. Leadership in Turbulent Times - Doris Kearns Goodwin. This book chronicles the life of 4 presidents, Lincol

First Blog

It's hard to decide what you want to write in your first blog since first impressions are so important.  So I figured I would start with the main reason the Brittnee and I decided to start a blog (if the name hasn't given it away) and that is the upcoming birth of our first child.  The sex hasn't been determined yet so for now it is referred to as ThomAva, a combination of the names we have selected.  So far so good with everything though as our little one gave us a thumbs up at our last ultra sound. She has also convinced me to buy a nice (female code word for expensive) camera so I'm sure there will be many more higher quality photos to come.   I always said that my, Kat's, and Jordan's childhood could have been a reality show before reality shows were cool so I look forward to using this blog to share and remember both new and old family stories.  And to hopefully share with others the blessings that God has given me over the years and as a way to wit