Skip to main content

Short Business Lesson on new CEOs

There is a company with a long, proud history of being one of the best brands on the market.  This company has been in business for over 200 years and is one of the best in the world.  Yes, it's had its share of ups and downs but overall is the cream of the crop.  However, the company's CEO is stepping aside to pursue other goals. 

In order to keep things flowing smoothly, the board of directors meet and begin searching for a new CEO.  They spend months and months reviewing resumes and searching for the best candidate.  Finally, the majority agrees on the choice and their selection is made.  They have chosen a CEO different from ones they've had previously, who has some flaws in his past, and his own way of doing things.  However, he does have a successful business background.  After his selection, he begins to get more familiar with the company and prepares for his first day of work. 

He shows up on Monday morning, like many of us starting a new job, excited and raring to go!  He steps into his office and all of a sudden some employees begin to run amuck.  They threaten violence, stop working, and begin destroying company property.  They are blaming it all on the new CEO, saying that he will make things terrible, that he hates them, that he doesn't know what he's doing.  But it's the guy's first day on the job, he hasn't even gotten the seat of his chair warm yet.  Does this story sound fair to you?  Not to me.  But sadly it sounds familiar....#InaugurationDay

I wasn't fond of Barack Obama.  My opinion of him is largely based on his anti-Christian views.  As a Christian, you do not accept other religions.  You accept the people and you witness, but you cannot say that a false belief is okay and stand idly by as people go to hell. 

I'm not a super fan of Donald Trump either.  He excites me from a business and political correctness perspective, but I do have concerns with his temperament and relations with foreign countries.  Overall, I do believe that it is time for America to get our house in order and that seems to be Trump's plan.  I guess we will just all wait and see how that goes.

In closing, no supervisor, no CEO, no president can save you or this country.  Our main problem in America and the world is sin, and there's only one person who ever came to earth with the solution to that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 is Hindsight...Finally!

Wow, what a year! 2020 could literally be an entire decade, maybe more, of history, change, and lessons rolled up into these twelve months. While many aspects of 2020 were kind of sucky and we would like to forget them, it will certainly be a year to remember. And it will be enlightening when this year is looked back on in 10, 25, or 50 years to be discussed. I wonder if we'll seem like geniuses or idiots? Probably both to some extent! While there is so much that I could consider and analyze about this year, I'll try to break some of it down into four dimensions - Physical, Spiritual, Mental, and Social/Emotional. These are events and happenings from my world and perspective and I'm trying to be open in sharing and would love to hear from others on events you found most transforming. Physical When COVID cause gyms to close, that messed me up. Our town and state were late to be hit with severe cases and therefore later than many across the country to close up shop. I'm n...

Planes Fly in the Sky

Let me be very honest and candid about this - when I first read about the proposed airplane tax cut, I was not happy (just say it, I was mad!).  I thought that it was ludicrous to consider cutting tax revenue while counties are already struggling due to decreased sales and collections of local taxes.   However, unlike many people in today's culture, I didn't take to social media to start talking about how stupid the idea was and how much I disagreed with.  Instead, I started doing some research.  I looked up some information, asked some questions, had some conversations, and I learned some things. This was important for me to understand because I own a boat (I consider planes and boats luxury items) and pay Union County property taxes.  However, that boat hasn't been in Union for years.  It's housed and operated in a neighboring county.  There's not even anywhere that I can safely and legally operate my boat on public property in Union, yet I stil...

The New Normal

When all of this COVID, Coronavirus, and pandemic talk first started, I literally got sick of hearing the phrase, "the new normal."  I heard sermons preached talking about what is normal.  I even preached one that I titled, "The Next Normal."  But what if these "new normal" people are actually onto something? When I was growing up, a normal summer consisted of a lot of time with Mom.  She was a school teacher so we were all out for several (probably stressful) months together.  She, my brother, and sister would spent countless hours at the pool and make several trips each year to stay at my aunt's house in the lower part of the state, about 30 minutes from the beach.  That was normal for me. But now, 30ish years or so later, life for my children (and their precious little grandchildren) looks very different - almost like there's a new normal in town.   My parents worked hard, sacrificed, and saved for years before purchasing a lake house in 2010 - ...