Skip to main content

Who can get me into Heaven?

While we were living with my parents during our construction phase a number of different people would stop by my dad's house.  Some came asking if something he had in the yard was for sale, some came to pay rent for a storage unit, and others were just stopping by just to see if he was around and talk to him. 

I didn't know many of the people who stopped by.  Some only stopped once, while some renters began to look familiar as they stopped more regularly.  All of the people who stopped by had one thing in common; they had come to see my father.  But since I didn't know who they were, I spoke to them on the front porch outside our home. 

When we die and stand at the gates of Heaven, how will we be greeted?  John 14:2 says, "In my Father's house are many rooms."  What will Jesus say when we ask to enter his father's house?   Will his response be like mine was at my dad's house even when people looked sort of familiar, were there for a good purpose, or there to bring money; "Sir, he's not here right now and I don't know you, you can't come in."  Or will Jesus look at us and say, "Hello, John!  I'm so glad you're here, your room is ready." 

There is only one way into Heaven and that is through the Son.  In John 14:6, Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me."  You cannot attend enough church services, do enough good deeds, or give enough money to get into heaven.  The only way to get in is to know the doorman, Jesus Christ.  It really is all about who you know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 is Hindsight...Finally!

Wow, what a year! 2020 could literally be an entire decade, maybe more, of history, change, and lessons rolled up into these twelve months. While many aspects of 2020 were kind of sucky and we would like to forget them, it will certainly be a year to remember. And it will be enlightening when this year is looked back on in 10, 25, or 50 years to be discussed. I wonder if we'll seem like geniuses or idiots? Probably both to some extent! While there is so much that I could consider and analyze about this year, I'll try to break some of it down into four dimensions - Physical, Spiritual, Mental, and Social/Emotional. These are events and happenings from my world and perspective and I'm trying to be open in sharing and would love to hear from others on events you found most transforming. Physical When COVID cause gyms to close, that messed me up. Our town and state were late to be hit with severe cases and therefore later than many across the country to close up shop. I'm n...

Planes Fly in the Sky

Let me be very honest and candid about this - when I first read about the proposed airplane tax cut, I was not happy (just say it, I was mad!).  I thought that it was ludicrous to consider cutting tax revenue while counties are already struggling due to decreased sales and collections of local taxes.   However, unlike many people in today's culture, I didn't take to social media to start talking about how stupid the idea was and how much I disagreed with.  Instead, I started doing some research.  I looked up some information, asked some questions, had some conversations, and I learned some things. This was important for me to understand because I own a boat (I consider planes and boats luxury items) and pay Union County property taxes.  However, that boat hasn't been in Union for years.  It's housed and operated in a neighboring county.  There's not even anywhere that I can safely and legally operate my boat on public property in Union, yet I stil...

The New Normal

When all of this COVID, Coronavirus, and pandemic talk first started, I literally got sick of hearing the phrase, "the new normal."  I heard sermons preached talking about what is normal.  I even preached one that I titled, "The Next Normal."  But what if these "new normal" people are actually onto something? When I was growing up, a normal summer consisted of a lot of time with Mom.  She was a school teacher so we were all out for several (probably stressful) months together.  She, my brother, and sister would spent countless hours at the pool and make several trips each year to stay at my aunt's house in the lower part of the state, about 30 minutes from the beach.  That was normal for me. But now, 30ish years or so later, life for my children (and their precious little grandchildren) looks very different - almost like there's a new normal in town.   My parents worked hard, sacrificed, and saved for years before purchasing a lake house in 2010 - ...